Back on Shangri La
I've re-started the Shangri-La diet but with a few modifications based on what's been learned since the book came out. I use no sugar at all this time, sticking to oil alone. My new protocol is as follows:
- Pour 2 tablespoons of room-temperature oil into a cup.
- Add cold (refrigerated) water to the oil to bring it up to about a half cup of oil-water mixture.
- Drink it down - it tastes like cold, foamy water.
- Wipe the oil from my lips with a napkin.
- Drink a bit more water to wash any residual oil taste away.
The result: instant major appetite suppression. I don't crave snacks or sweets any more. What seemed like normal portions before make me feel over-full; I simply have to eat less.
Oddly enough, I also immediately felt less craving for Diet Coke.
My current weight is over 190; the goal is to get below 170.